Spicy Cauliflower Bites
Snack, Lunch, Dinner
These are a versatile and flavourful addition to any occasion, serving as a tasty snack, or even a creative side dish for a variety of gatherings.
For Rest Day
The whole wheat coating provides complex carbohydrates for sustained energy throughout the day. The fats in this recipe are necessary for low to moderate-intensity exercise, where the body relies on fats as a primary fuel source. This is particularly important for endurance activities where sustained energy is necessary.
Fats are essential for the production of hormones, including those involved in muscle growth, repair, and overall recovery. Cauliflower is high in essential nutrients, including vitamins C and K, folate and fibre. The vitamin K is important for bone health, as it contributes to proper blood clotting and bone mineralization. The fibre promotes healthy digestion and can help prevent constipation.
This recipe works great in the air fryer too! Just be aware that the timings may be different - so keep an eye on the cauliflower as its cooking!
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Roasting Tray OR Air fryer
- 1 Cauliflower
- 120 g Wholewheat Flour
- 150 ml Water
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder (adjust according to spice preference)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 60 ml Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or Melted Butter
- Preheat your oven to 230°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, water, garlic, smoked paprika, chilli powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the batter, ensuring it's well-coated. Allow any excess batter to drip off.
- Place the coated florets on the baking tray, leaving space between each piece.
- Roast in the oven for ~20 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, mix the hot sauce and melted butter or oil in a bowl.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven, and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and toss until it is evenly coated.
- Place the coated cauliflower back on the tray and roast for an additional 5 minutes or until the sauce is slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serving: 213gCalories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 11gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.9gMonounsaturated Fat: 9.4gSodium: 2026mgPotassium: 603mgFiber: 9.8gSugar: 4.2gVitamin A: 41ugVitamin C: 57mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 3.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!