Pesto and Avocado Smash
This recipe would be great on a rest day as it is a great source of each macronutrient.
Avocados are a great source of unsaturated fat, which help improve blood cholesterol levels.
Make your own fresh pesto sauce if you have time, and keep it in the fridge to use with a pasta dish for dinner.
- Small pot
- Small pan
- 1 tbsp Pesto sauce
- 1 slice Sourdough bread
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Bacon medallions
- 1 Egg
- Make the pesto sauce.
- Bring a pot of water to simmer.
- Heat some oil on the pan and fry the bacon medallions until slightly crispy.
- Poach the egg in the hot water.
- Toast the sourdough bread.
- Spread the pesto on the toast.
- Mash the avocado with the back of a fork and add a squeeze of lemon. Spread the avocado onto the toast.
- Place the bacon and egg on top, sprinkle over some chilli flakes and sea salt. Enjoy!