Strawberry Delight Overnight Oats
Leaving the oats to soak over night makes them easier to digest. This along with the low fat content of the recipe makes them the ideal pre-performance meal.
Oats are a great source of a specific type of fiber called Beta-glucan, which is known to lower our LDL cholesterol.
To increase the fat content, add in some nuts or nut butter
- Small bowl/ container
- 50 g Oats
- 200 g Greek yoghurt (0% fat)
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 150 ml Milk
- 100 g Strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, vanilla extract, milk and 100g of the yoghurt together in a small bowl or container.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, heat the strawberries in the microwave for 1 minute (if frozen).
- Mix the strawberries in with the other 100g of greek yoghurt.
- Spoon on top of the overnight oats and drizzle over some honey.