It's a great option for pre or post exercise as it is high in carbohydrates and protein with relatively low fat if you use reduced fat coconut milk.
The herbs and spices in this dish contain natural anti-inflammatory properties that have been linked to the prevention of many age-related diseases.
Make some extra Laksa and remove from the pan before you add the noodles to save for another meal in the coming days!
- Non-stick pan
- Medium sized pot
- 4 Chicken breast (approx. 400g)
- 1 thumb-sized piece Ginger (grated)
- 400 ml Reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 400 g Rice noodles
- 8 Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 Courgette
- 1 handful Basil (to serve)
- Add the onion, ginger, salt and olive oil to a non-stick wok or saucepan and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Chop up and add the mushrooms, courgette, peppers and the balsamic vinegar and mix again.
- Season the vegetables with salt, basil and cumin seeds.
- Cook the noodles as instructed on the packet in boiling water.
- Add the chicken to the pan and mix well, then add the turmeric, lemon juice and honey.
- When the chicken is almost cooked then add in the coconut milk and mix well.
- When the noodles are cooked strain them and add them into the wok with the chicken and vegetables and mix well.
- Serve your lackey laksa with fresh basil and maybe a boiled egg on top if you like.