Chocolate Orange Protein Porridge
This porridge is a rich and comforting breakfast dish that combines the velvety sweetness of chocolate with the citrusy orange. The creamy oats are infused with cocoa and orange, offering a high protein and indulgent start to your day.
For Exercise Day
Oats are a good source of complex carbohydrates, providing a slow and steady release of energy. This can be beneficial for maintaining energy levels throughout training sessions or games. The protein from milk and protein powder aids in muscle growth and recovery post-exercise.
Milk is a good source of protein and calcium, contributing to muscle health and bone strength. Mandarin oranges are rich in vitamin C, which is important for immune function and collagen synthesis. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants, such as flavonoids, which may help to improve heart health. Oats are good sources of dietary fibre, important for digestive health, and it helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Top off your porridge with whatever other fruit you would like. If you don’t have/like protein powder, replace it with some cocoa powder.
- 1 Saucepan
- 50 g Oats
- 200 ml Milk
- 100 ml Water
- 2 Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Square of Dark Chocolate
- 1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- Add the oats, water, juice of 1 mandarin orange and ¾ of the milk to the saucepan over a medium heat.
- Mix well, then add in the protein powder.
- Continue to mix as the porridge thickens.
- After a few minutes, add the remaining milk and stir until your desired thickness is reached.
- Pour your porridge into a bowl.
- Top with the remaining mandarin and square of dark chocolate.
- Drizzle the honey over the top, mix together and enjoy!
Serving: 374gCalories: 487kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 34.5gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 165mgPotassium: 548mgFiber: 7.7gSugar: 26gVitamin A: 14.6ugVitamin C: 33.6mgCalcium: 438mgIron: 3.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!