Peach Green Tea
Due to the added carbohydrate from the honey and fresh peach, this drink is particularly suitable for days you are preparing for training or competition.
Peaches are a source of vitamin C, which plays a role in bone formation, wound healing, maintenance of healthy gums and connective tissue and also in its immune-boosting properties to help reduce the length of the common cold.
- 300 ml Water
- 500 ml Freshly-brewed green tea
- 2 Peaches
- 1 Lemon (juice of 1 lemon)
- ½ Lime (juice of ½ lime)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Chop peaches into 1-inch cubes and marinate in honey for 15 minutes.
- In a large jug, add the peaches and honey to the water, green tea, lemon and lime, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled with ice and a lemon wedge.