These chocolate protein bombs are a tasty snack to add to your meal plan. They are great for on the go or to enjoy with a cup of tea between meals.
For Exercise Day
This recipe would be a great snack snack between meals on an exercise day as it contains a good quantity of each macronutrient.
The main ingredient in dark chocolate is called cocoa, which is an excellent source of flavanols and procyanidins (also known as epicatechin and catechin) which are major classes of antioxidants.
Prepare these snacks at the weekend or early in the week and they are sure to save you time and from reaching for other less nutritious snacks throughout the week.
- Baking tray
- 200 g Oats
- 70 g Mixed nuts (roasted)
- 2 scoop Whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 50 ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Shelled hemp
- 0.5 tbsp Coconut oil
- 150 g Dark chocolate
- Mix the peanut butter and honey in a small bowl and mix to create a paste.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, whey protein, hemp and 50g of the dark chocolate.
- Add the peanut butter and honey paste and slowly pour in the milk. Mix well as you add the milk.
- Add more milk if needed to bind the ingredients.
- If the mixture becomes too wet, add some more oats or protein powder.
- Melt the remaining 100g of dark chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into balls and then roll them in the melted dark chocolate.
- Place the balls on a plate or a tray and leave to set in the fridge for atleast 2 hours.
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 289kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 12gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6.6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.2gTrans Fat: 0.006gCholesterol: 0.69mgSodium: 52.29mgPotassium: 158.13mgFiber: 4.1gSugar: 6.5gVitamin A: 1.89ugVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 24.07mgIron: 1.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!