Smoked Salmon & Feta Pesto Pasta Salad
This recipe has such a broad range of benefits that can help you recover from a high-intensity training or competition and even support recovery from injury. Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), including Omega-3 are generally considered to be essential fatty acids, meaning they are necessary for maintaining normal physiology, but cannot be produced by the body and need to be obtained through the diet. Omega-3 are a type of polyunsaturated fatty acid and have been shown to be a natural anti-inflammatory which may help improve joint pain caused by inflammation
This is a good example of a mixed meal, containing a good source of all three macronutrients. It would be a great one to add to your meal plan on a day when you are prioritising protein intake, healthy fat intake and immune supporting nutrients such as omega-3, Vitamin C, and Zinc. Salmon is a great source of Omega-3 and adding it to your meals 2-3 times per week is an easy way of increasing Omega-3 in your diet. For more omega-3 rich recipes, use the filter feature on our recipe page to find recipes such as Tuscan Salmon or Pro-espresso Pudding
This recipe is a great quick and easy option for meal prep. It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in a sealed lunch box.
- 1 Large Bowl
- Medium size pot
- 200 g smoked salmon (chopped)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 1/3 rd cucumber (chopped)
- 1/3 rd red onion (chopped)
- 2 handful rocket leaves
- 40 g feta cheese (chopped into cubes)
- 130 g uncooked pasta
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl add all the veg, feta, and smoked salmon and mix.
- Cook your pasta as per instructions at the back of the pack.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and add it to the bowl
- Add the pesto and balsamic vinegar and mix them together.