G&T Recovery Tea
This is a great tea to aid recover due to its high antioxidant content.
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry it’s yellow colour and has been used for thousands of years in India as a medical herb due to it’s powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Ginger is a flowering plant that originated from China and is closely related to turmeric. Similar to turmeric, ginger is high in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
A spoon works best when peeling ginger!
- 600 ml Water (boiled)
- 1 thumb-sized piece Ginger (fresh and grated)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (fresh and grated)
- 1 Lemon (Juice from 1 lemon)
- 2 tsp Honey
- Boil 600ml of water, the equivalent of two mugs worth.
- Add 600ml of boiling water into a pot over medium heat.
- Next, add the turmeric, ginger, lemon juice and honey.
- Bring to a simmer and leave for 3 minutes.
- Use a strainer to pour the tea evenly into two mugs.