Pitta Pocket Breakfast
The pitta pocket breakfast offers a creative way to shake up scrambled eggs. Chorizo, egg and avocado combine really well to deliver great flavour and high-quality proteins and fats.
For Exercise Day
Great post-exercise recovery meal as it provides high-quality healthy fats and a moderate amount of carbohydrate
Avocados are a good source of healthy monounsaturated fats which help reduce bad cholesterol levels in your blood, which can lower your risk of heart disease and stroke.
you can also use tortillas as a lower calorie option.
- Non-stick pan
- 50 g Chorizo (chopped)
- 4 Free-range egg
- 2 Pittas
- 1 Avocado (flesh scooped out)
- 2 handful Rocket leaves
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- Put the chorizo in a dry, non-stick pan on medium heat and fry until crisp; be careful not to burn it. Set chorizo aside and discard the excess oil.
- Add the beaten egg to the pan and stir gently with a wooden spoon until scrambled. Stir the chorizo through the egg just before it’s finished cooking.
- Toast the pittas, then mash the avocado with a fork and spread along the inside of each one.
- Add a handful of rocket to each pocket and then fill with the chorizo scramble. Season with cracked black pepper and serve.
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 575kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 28gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8.2gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 558mgPotassium: 410mgFiber: 8.7gSugar: 1.5gVitamin A: 1.4ugVitamin C: 8.9mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!