Pineapple and Turmeric Curry
A great option for pre or post exercise as it is high in carbohydrates and protein with relatively low fat if you use reduced fat coconut milk.
The herbs and spices in this dish contain natural anti-inflammatory properties that have been linked to the prevention of many age-related diseases.
substitute the rice for a lower carb option on a rest day.
- Non-stick pan
- Medium sized pot
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Red chilli peppers
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 Red bell pepper
- ½ Head of broccoli
- 2 Chicken breast (approx. 300g)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 200 ml Reduced fat coconut milk
- 100 g Pineapple
- 1 cube Chicken stock
- 150 g Rice
- Preheat some rapeseed oil on a pan. Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and a pinch of salt until translucent.
- Chop up the pepper, broccoli and chicken and add to the pan. Fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the stock cube in a pot of boiling water. Add in the rice and cook on a low-medium heat until fluffy and the water has been absorbed.
- Add the spices, pineapple, honey and coconut milk into the pan.
- Stir through and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add rice to the pan and stir thoroughly before serving.