Pesto Chicken Flatbread
An oat based flatbread made in minutes, topped with basil pesto, shredded mozzarella cheese, juicy cherry tomatoes and pan fried chicken. A really easy and delicious recipe, perfect for sharing!
For Exercise Day
This recipe is a good source of each macronutrient. The carbohydrates will replenish glycogen stores after intense physical exercise, the protein will support recovery of muscle tissue and the fat content will keep you feeling satisfied and full for hours after this meal.
Vitamin E is important for immune function and may play a role in the prevention or delayed onset of diseases linked to free radicals in the body. Free radicals are naturally occurring molecules in the body, and antioxidants such as Vitamin E help to protect our cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Works really well served alongside a fresh salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing. Enjoy!
- Food processor
- Non-stick pan
- Rolling pin
- Baking tray
- 80 g Oats
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 120 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Flour (may need more for binding)
- 200 g Chicken
- 100 g Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp Pesto sauce
- 4 Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Blitz the oats into a flour in a food processor.
- Add the baking soda, yoghurt, egg, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper and blitz for 1 to 2 minutes until completely combined.
- Transfer to a floured flat surface. Add more flour if the mixture is too sticky, and roll out as thinly as you can without the dough breaking.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil and transfer the dough carefully onto the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Heat some oil on a non-stick pan. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning often until no longer pink.
- Remove the tray from the oven, spread the pesto sauce evenly on top, tear up the mozzarella cheese and spread on top.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and chicken pieces. Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper on top and place back in the oven for 5-6 minutes for the cheese to fully melt.
- Works great served with a fresh balsamic salad!
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 680kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 48gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 1229mgPotassium: 869mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 352ugVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 384mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!