Peanut Butter Date Bars
They will provide you with a good source of protein. Protein is the most satiating macronutrient and plays a role in stabilising blood sugar levels. It is also important for the growth and maintenance of muscle mass and immune function. Learn more about protein here Protein - Your questions answered
Read this article by our daveynutrition team member Heather Masterson - When is the Best Time to Take a Protein Shake? | Kinetica Sports
As mentioned, protein plays an important role in immune function. Every cell in the body needs protein to function. If you are someone who regularly catches common illnesses such as colds and flu’s and find it hard to recover from them, consider your protein intake. Are you consuming adequate protein, high quality sources and distributing your intake well across the day?
Vegetarian diets can have optimum amounts of protein , learn more here -
Store in the fridge and enjoy as a snack between meals over the next few days. Or why not prepare a batch to bring with you when visiting friends or family?!
- Food processor
- Microwavable bowl
- Parchment paper
- 150 g Medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 80 g Coconut oil 80g (melted)
- 100 g Oats
- 2 scoops Whey protein 60g
- 100 g Dark chocolate (70-80%)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- Blitz the oats with the whey protein until flour like. Remove from the food processor and set aside.
- Pit the dates and add to the food processor with the peanut butter, salt, 80g melted coconut oil. Blitz for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Combine the oat mix and date mix and blitz for 2-3 minutes until smooth and full combined. You may need to scrape the contents of the mix down the sides once or twice.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and empty the mix into it.
- Spread it out and pack it tightly using the side of a glass to roll it out if needed.
- Place it in the fridge.
- Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Remove the tray from the fridge and pour the chocolate onto the base. Spread it out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle half a tsp of Sea salt over the top. Place back in the fridge and leave to set for 4-5 hours before cutting with a sharp knife.