PB & Berry Porridge
This porridge is a delightful blend of creamy richness and fruity sweetness, as the peanut butter mixes with the warmth of the porridge. This combination makes for a satisfying breakfast that will keep you energized throughout the day.
For Exercise Day
The complex carbohydrates in the oats provide a sustained release of energy, promoting long-lasting fuel for physical activities. The healthy fats from the peanut butter provide a sustained fuel source and help maintain energy levels over an extended period. This is particularly beneficial for endurance exercise.
This recipe provides a sustained release of energy due to the complex carbohydrates in oats. The oats, combined with the protein in milk and the healthy fats in peanut butter, contribute to a filling and satisfying meal that can support prolonged cognitive and physical performance. The berries are rich in antioxidants, supporting immune system health and reducing inflammation.
Top off your porridge with whatever fruit you would like. To increase the protein content, add some protein powder to the mix!
- 1 Saucepan
- 50 g Oats
- 200 ml Milk
- 100 ml Water
- 100 g Raspberries
- 100 g Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Honey
- Add the oats, water and ¾ of the milk to the saucepan over a medium heat.
- Mix well, then add in ½ of the raspberries.
- Continue to mix as the porridge thickens.
- After a few minutes, add the remaining milk and stir until your desired thickness is reached.
- Pour your porridge into a bowl.
- Top with the remaining raspberries, strawberries and peanut butter.
- Drizzle the honey over the top, mix together and enjoy!
Serving: 491gCalories: 501kcalCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 21gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.07gSodium: 97mgPotassium: 181mgFiber: 12gSugar: 38gVitamin C: 57mgCalcium: 264mgIron: 2.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!