Made with oats, nuts and honey, these are great for snacking, meal prepping and on the go for busy days.
For Exercise Day
These work as a great snack for days when you are busy and are good for recovery post-exercise.
The peanut butter and nuts contain unsaturated fats which help to lower bad LDL cholesterol. The seeds also have Omega-3, which works to reduce inflammation and promote a healthy brain and heart.
These can be kept in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Make sure they are fully cooled before cutting them to avoid them breaking apart.
- 1 20cm square tin
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 3 tbsp Crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 Bananas (mashed)
- 250 g Jumbo rolled oats
- 60 g Mixed seeds (pumpkin/chia)
- 50 g Dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 75 g Mixed nuts (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas 3
- Line a 20cm square tin
- Combine the mashed banana, honey and peanut butter and mix well
- Put the oats, cranberries / raisins, mixed seeds and nuts in a large bowl, then pour in the banana mix and stir to combine
- Press into the lined tin, packing down well
- Bake for 30 mins, or until golden
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before slicing into 10-12 pieces to serve
Serving: 82gCalories: 237kcalCarbohydrates: 27.4gProtein: 7.6gFat: 10.8gSaturated Fat: 1.6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2.8gSodium: 17.7mgPotassium: 199mgFiber: 3.6gSugar: 11.5gVitamin A: 2.4ugVitamin C: 2.8mgCalcium: 34.7mgIron: 0.87mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!