Asian Beef Noodles
This recipe would be great for a day of high-moderate intensity training as it provides a good source of carbohydrates and protein with a little amount of fat.
Do you know your individual carbohydrate needs on training and rest days? You will require an increased amount with training of higher intensity and duration. Learn more here Ask the Nutritionist: All about Calories & Macronutrients - daveynutrition,
or contact us for further nutritional support at firstname.lastname@example.org
The vegetables in this Beef Strifry will provide you with a good amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. A diet rich in vegetables has been shown to have positive effects on our blood pressure, heart health, brain function and digestion. As well as this, they provide us with important nutrients to support our immune system - something we all want at this time of year!
This recipe serves 2 people. You can always double up the ingredients to make it for the whole family or for meal preparation.
For Gluten-free option, swap out the egg noodles for a gluten-free option
- 1 Non-stick wok
- 1 Medium sized pot
- 2 Bowls
- 200 g beef strips
- 1 Bok Choy (cut down the middle)
- 1 carrot (chopped )
- 1/2 white onion (chopped)
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 120 g egg noodles
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil or frylite over high heat. Add the beef strips and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil or frylite and stir-fry the bok choy, carrot, onion, chilli, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the fish sauce and soy sauce. Stir-fry for another minute until everything is heated through.
- Serve the beef and vegetable stir-fry on top of the noodles, garnished with chopped peanuts.