This is a great recovery meal for after intense exercise as it contains a good quantity of each macronutrient.
This recipe contains up to a third of your daily calcium needs, which helps grow and maintain strong bones.
Lasagna is a great meal prep option. divide the dish into portions and keep in the fridge or freezer.
- Medium bowl
- Large pan
- 250 g Pasta sheets (more or less depending on how many layers you make)
- 3 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tin of tomatoes (400g)
- 400 g Passata
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Head of broccoli (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Oregano (dried)
- ½ tbsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 8 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100 g Mozzarella cheese
- 50 g Cheddar cheese
For the sauce
- 500 g Cottage cheese
- 400 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 Free-range egg
- 1 handful Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the broccoli, aubergine, mushrooms and peppers on a baking tray with some olive oil and salt. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Pre-cook the pasta sheets in hot water as per packet instructions, for 7-8 minutes. Use a little olive oil, mix to avoid them sticking together.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese with the egg, yogurt, olive oil and parsley. Mix well and then set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil on a large non-stick pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, dried oregano, salt and cumin. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and mix the chopped tomatoes and passata through them.
- In a large casserole dish, lay down the first layer with the pasta sheets. Make sure the slices overlap so there are no spaces.
- Pour half the vegetables and tomato sauce over the pasta sheets and spread them out evenly.
- Next, pour half of the cheese sauce over the vegetables and spread evenly.
- Lay down another layer of the pasta sheets.
- Repeat with another layer of vegetables followed by cheese sauce.
- Top it off with a layer of sliced fresh mozzarella and aged red cheddar and cover with tin foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake for a further 5 minutes to allow the cheese to brown.