Sweet Potato Seafood Chowder
I recommend having this chowder following exercise as the quality sources of sweet potato and protein are great for your recovery.
Fish provides a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Mix and match your seafood preference for an enjoyable and easily digestible chowder.
- Large Pot
- 500 ml Milk
- 500 g Cod (salmon and smoked haddock mix)
- 80 g Prawns (king prawns)
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 clove Garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 2 Sweet potato (or regular potatoes, peeled and chopped)
- 1 Head of broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 3 Carrot (chopped)
- 11 tbsp Cream (200ml)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ts Ground pepper
- ¼ handful Parsley (fresh and chopped)
- Poach the fish mix and prawns in the milk in a large pot over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, tip the fish and milk mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, broccoli and carrots, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Carefully strain the milk from the fish into a wide jug and put the fish on a plate. Pour the milk into the vegetable mix, then stir in the cream.
- Simmer for 25 minutes on a medium heat until the sweet potatoes/potatoes are soft. Return the fish to the pan, stir through gently and season with salt and pepper. Serve, piping hot, in bowls, with some parsley scattered over the top.