Run Down the Stairs Overnight Oats
Athletes have called overnight oats a ‘game changer’ because they are so practical, easy to make and you know exactly what amount of protein and carbohydrate is in the meal. This recipe provided a good quantity of each marconutrient making it a simple on the go breakfast on a busy day of training.
Porridge oats are a great source of a type of fibre called Beta-glucans, which have been shown to help regulate our blood sugar levels and have cholesterol lowering effects.
Soaking oats and seeds overnight makes them easily digested.
Consume two servings for a higher energy and carbohydrate breakfast to fuel your day on days of high intensity exercise.
- 50 g Oats
- 200 ml Milk (more or less depending on how thick you like it)
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 scoop Whey protein powder (chocolate)
- 50 g Mixed berries (fresh, plus more to serve)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Almonds (chopped, plus more to serve)
- 1 tbsp Almond butter (or peanut butter)
- Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into an airtight container and place in the fridge for the night.
- In the morning top with more berries, nut butter or nuts.