Scrambled Egg & Salmon Bagel
This recipe is high in fat and protein but for a higher carbohydrate content to fuel longer duration exercise, swap the thin bagel for a thicker bagel, which will be higher in carbohydrates.
This recipe provides almost 100% of your recommended intake of Omega-3 in just one serving, provided by the smoked salmon. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are essential to the structure of every cell wall you have in your body. They also have lots of health benefits, including improvements in inflammatory conditions and positive neurological effects.
Serve with a thicker bagel for a higher carbohydrate and calorie content.
- Non-stick pan
- ½ tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 4 Cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Chilli pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 handful Baby spinach
- 2 Eggs
- 30 g Mozzarella cheese
- 50 g Smoked salmon
- 1 Bagel (slim)
- 1 tsp Butter
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, paprika, chilli, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding in the spinach. Mix around until wilted.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and mozzarella together in a bowl before adding to the pan.
- Stir immediately using a wooden spoon until cooked (3-4 minutes).
- Add the smoked salmon, tomatoes and spinach into the pan and mix.
- Toast the bagel.
- Butter the bagel and serve with the egg mix inside the two halves.