Scrambled Egg & Cheese Toastie
This toastie provides a combination of carbohydrates from the bread and protein from the eggs and cheese. This balance of macronutrients helps provide sustained energy throughout the day, keeping you fueled and focused. The Eggs are a fantastic source of high-quality protein, which is essential for muscle repair and growth post-exercise.
Cheese is a good source of calcium and vitamin D, both of which are essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Eggs contain essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, choline, selenium and phosphorus. These play vital roles in bodily functions such as bone health, brain function and metabolism.
If you don’t have a grill, toast the bread in a toaster before adding the scrambled eggs and cheese.
- 1 Pan
- 1 Grill or toaster
- 2 Eggs (medium)
- 30 g Cheese (grated)
- 2 slices Wholegrain bread
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 g Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil on the pan over a medium heat.
- Once heated, crack both eggs onto the pan and stir continuously until scrambled.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Take both slices of bread, add the scrambled eggs to one slice and add the grated cheese on top.
- Close the sandwich with the second slice of bread.
- Place under the grill for approx. 2 minutes each side, or until the bread is toasted.
- Remove from the grill, cut in half & enjoy!