Roast Broccolini Frittata
This frittata is low in carbohydrates and rich in protein, vitamins and minerals from the eggs and all of the vegetables.
Eggs are a complete source of protein and provide a source of healthy fats, a great way to keep you full for longer!
Add in some more veg to bump up the fibre or swap the chorizo for bacon, chicken or black pudding if you prefer.
- Chopping board
- Non-stick pan
- 1 tsp Chilli oil
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves)
- 1 Baby spinach (handful)
- 1 Basil leaves (handful)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 15 g Mozarella cheese (grated)
- 15 g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roast a red pepper in a baking tray with some oil.
- Heat the chilli oil on a medium sized skillet. Fry the onion, garlic, chorizo and spices until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the peppers and spinach and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl before adding to the skillet.
- Place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place the broccoli and grated cheese on top and put back in the oven for 5 minutes before serving.