Competition Chicken Pasta
This is a high carbohydrate recipe. If you are training for a marathon, endurance evening or participating in intermittent sports, this recipe is certainly one to add to the bank. It is important that you are meeting your carbohydrate requirements around your training and recovery to ensure you are leaving nothing on the table when it comes to performance.
Inadequate intakes of carbohydrates can have negative effects on our health as well as performance. It can impair our immune function, hormone production and lead to low energy availability (LEA). LEA is a growing concern with increased prevalence being observed in both elite and non-elite sports, especially among female athletes. Read more about LEA here -
For a lower fat content, leave out the egg and cook the chicken in the oven or air fryer.
- 1 Medium pot
- 1 Large pan
- 3 Bowls
- 300 g Fresh pasta
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 200 g Chicken breast
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 120 g Passata
- 100 g Frozen vegetables
- Heat the oil on a large pan over a medium heat.
- Mix the herbs and spices together in a bowl. Split the mix between two dishes.
- Add the cornflour and flour to one of the dishes with the herbs and spices and mix well.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces lightly in the egg mix before coating them lightly in the flour mix and placing them on the pan.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, turning often.
- Cook the vegetables as per packet instructions.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Add the pasta and cook as per packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and place back in the pot, add the tomato passata, the other dish of herbs and spices and mix well.
- Add the chicken before serving.