This recipe is a great pre-exercise snack as it is high in protein and carbohydrates and relatively low in fibre and fat, as well as providing a good hit of caffiene.
If you would like to read about the potential benefits of coffee check out our article ‘The health buzz on coffee’.
You can opt for decaffeinated coffee if it is later in the evening.
- 1 Espresso shot
- 30 g Blueberries (frozen)
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 Banana
- 1 scoop Whey protein powder (vanilla)
- 40 ml Milk
- 4 g Dark chocolate
- Blend frozen blueberries, greek yoghurt, a scoop of vanilla whey and a banana.
- Pour a splash of milk into a glass with a shot of espresso.
- Combine and top with 1 square of grated dark chocolate.