A baked potato is a versatile and tasty carbohydrate food that can accompany almost any meal on an exercise day. Baked potatoes are often hugely underrated and so easy to make.
For Intensive Exercise
A baked potato is a great source of fast-digesting carbohydrates which makes it an ideal recovery food on a day of intense exercise.
potatoes are a good source of fibre. Dietary fibre is important for our digestive health and regular bowel movements and also helps you feel fuller for longer.
Add beans or meat for an added source of protein.
- Baking tray
- 4 Potatoes (use more or less)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- With the potatoes on a baking tray, bake for 60 to 75 minutes depending on size.
- Check with a sharp knife that the potato is soft in the middle.
- Serve with your own choice of fillings.
1 portion of "Baked Potato" is equivalent to 248g.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 338kcalCarbohydrates: 72gProtein: 9.7gFat: 0.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.25gSodium: 226mgPotassium: 1563mgFiber: 7.5gSugar: 2.9gVitamin C: 35.5mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!