Tuscan Cod and Chorizo
This recipe contains a good portion of carbohydrates, primarily from the rice. The high protein and fat content of the dish would make it more suitable for post exercise to aid in the recovery process and help you to meet your energy requirements for that day.
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C, zinc and copper. Vitamin C and Copper support a healthy immune system and the formation of cartilage and connective tissue. Zinc also plays a role in supporting a healthy immune system and in the production of new cells and enzymes in the body.
Serve with rice or on it’s own.
- 1 Red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 60 g Chorizo (chopped)
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch White pepper
- 50 g Sundried tomatoes in oil
- 10 Mushrooms (chopped)
- ½ Courgette (chopped)
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
- 2 Cod Fillets
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 250 g Rice (cooked weight)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Wrap the cod fillets in tin foil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, onions, garlic, chilli, oregano, salt and pepper to a large pan. Fry on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and courgette and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Turn the heat down to low and mix in the yoghurt and spinach. Stir until the spinach has wilted. (Don’t heat the yoghurt on the pan for too long as it may curdle).
- Add the cod to the pan and coat in the sauce before serving on a bed of rice.