Enjoy this snack on your rest days or even as a treat in between meals on training days to keep your energy stores topped up.
Strawberries are a great source of antioxidants. These antioxidants protect our cells, combat free radicals causing damage in the body and aid in recovery.
Store bars in the freezer instead of the fridge to ensure they don't melt!
- Chopping board
- Large Bowl
- Parchment paper
- Flat tray
- 200 g 0% Fat greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp Honey
- 150 g Strawberries
- 25 g Dark chocolate (70% Cocoa)
- Wash, dry and dice strawberries into small chunks.
- Add yoghurt, strawberries and honey into a bowl and mix everything together gently.
- Once mixed, line a flat baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place large spoonful's of the mixture on the tray (should make approx. 3/4 bars).
- Place the tray in the freezer ideally overnight or for 5-6 hours until frozen
- The next day, melt chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Take the tray out of the freezer and drizzle chocolate over each bar using a spoon.
- Place the tray back into the freezer for a further 20 minutes, or until chocolate has set completely.