Roast Chicken & Relish Wrap
A hearty wrap filled with roasted chicken breast and vegetables coated in tomato relish with cheese and wild leaf salad. A great option for lunch on the go.
For Exercise Day
The wrap provides a good hit of carbohydrates in this recipe which is useful to support your training on exercise days when our carbohydrate needs are higher. The high fat and fibre content of this recipe would make it more suited to post exercise, or a couple of hours before, leaving enough time to digest the meal before engaging in moderate-high intensity exercise. Fibre and fat are digested slower and so consuming close to exercise can lead to gut discomfort in moderate-high intensity exercise. Causes of GI issues in athletes
One serving of this recipe contains over 100% of your RI for Vitamin C. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin that is needed in the formation of blood vessels, cartilage, muscle and collagen in bones. It also may reduce the length of a cold or flu. Coming into the winter months, it may be helpful to increase your dietary intake of Vitamin C and ensure you are supporting your immune system with adequate nutrition and rest.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container. For a gluten free recipe, use a gluten free wrap or swap out the wrap for a different carbohydrate source such as sweet potato wedges, pasta or rice.
- Baking tray
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic powder (optional)
- 1 Chicken breast (large, approx. 150g uncooked)
- 2 Tortilla wraps (average size)
- 60 g Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Tomato relish
- 1 cup Wild leaf salad
- Preheat the oven until 180℃.
- Place the onion, peppers and courgette on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix the vegetables to coat in the oil.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Slice up the chicken breast and wrap in tinfoil.
- Place the chicken on the tray beside the vegetables.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the tinfoil. Mix the tomato relish through the vegetables and chicken to coat them before assembling the wraps.
- Line the middle of the tortilla with salad and cheese before adding the chicken and vegetables and sealing the wrap.
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 520kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 35gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 1238mgPotassium: 800mgFiber: 5gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 310ugVitamin C: 82mgCalcium: 318mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!