Recovery Apple Cookies
This recipe would be a great snack for pre or post exercise as it is a good source of carbohydrate and protein, with a low fat and fibre content.
Fast digesting carbohydrates, ie. sugar, can play a role in enhancing the physiological response to a training stimulus and replenish lost energy stores, supporting our recovery.
These cookies will last for days in an air tight container or bag, so fel free to make some extra servings!
- Small bowl
- Large Bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
- 100 g Oats
- 100 g Wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 scoop Whey protein powder (vanilla flavour)
- 1 Egg (large)
- 5 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 ½ tbsp Honey
- ½ Apple (finely chopped or grated)
- 100 ml Milk (to add if mix is dry)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and protein powder.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl.
- Add the egg, yoghurt and honey. Mix thoroughly.
- Next fold in the apple.
- Spoon the mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray.
- Add ½ a tsp of cinnamon or ginger for some warming autumnal spice.