Overnight Blueberry Pie Oatmeal
This recipe is perfect for those who want a recovery meal after a morning workout or training session.
Blueberries are high in a type of antioxidant called flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory benfits
Top with honey and toasted almonds, you cannot beat it for taste.
- Mason Jar
- Non-stick frying pan
- 80 g Blueberries (Fresh/frozen and more for serving)
- 100 ml Water
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 60 g Oats
- 200 ml Almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt (0% Fat)
- 1 tbsp Almonds (flaked)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the blueberries with the water and honey until most of them have softened. (Optional)
- In a mason jar or other similar container, combine cooked blueberries, oats, yoghurt, milk, chia seeds and any other optional ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Serve the overnight blueberry pie oatmeal with toasted flaked almonds and a little honey if you desire.