Sweet Potato Crisps
This recipe is most suitable for an exercise day due to its carbohydrate and low fibre content. The carbohydrates will ensure a constant, slow release of energy for you to perform consistently in training or matches.
The carbohydrates comes from the sweet potato, which is slow-digesting and packed full of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, B Vitamins and magnesium to name a few.
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 10 ml Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Chop the sweet potato into thin slices.
- Drizzle some oil on a lined baking tray.
- Spread the sweet potato slices evenly across the oiled tray.
- Add more olive oil and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then take the tray out & flip the sweet potato slices.
- Place the tray back into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven.
- Allow them to cool before placing them in a bowl to serve.
- Serve with your dip of choice & enjoy!