Spicy Mince Bonanza
This recipe combines potatoes, vegetables and a spicy mince to create an excellent recovery meal.
For Intensive Exercise
The combination of carbohydrate from the potato and protein from the minced beef will provide the optimum nutrients to replenish your body after an exercise session.
This recipe is a great source of fiber, which is great for digestive health
some guacamole or sour cream also works great with this recipe!
- Baking dish
- Baking paper
- Large non-stick pan
- 1 Potato (cut into chip shapes)
- 2 Sweet potato (cut into chip shapes)
- 1 Parsnip (peeled and cut into chip shapes)
- ⅓ Butternut squash (peeled and cut into chip shapes)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 500 g Ground beef
- 1 Red bell pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 8 Mushrooms (chopped)
- ½ Courgette (chopped)
- 1 Tin of tomatoes (chopped, 400g)
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp Oregano
- 40 g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Toss the chopped chip-shaped veg with salt, paprika and cumin, then spread them out on a baking dish lined with baking paper. Put in the hot oven for 30 minutes, stirring everything around after 15 minutes to ensure all the veg cook evenly.
- Put the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add in the minced beef and cook until most of it turns brown, stirring regularly to cook the meat evenly.
- Add in the pepper, mushrooms and courgette and cook, mixing regularly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée and mix again, adding chilli flakes, oregano and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the chopped vegetables from the oven, which should now be turning crispy, and mix well to prevent them sticking together.
- Pour over the spicy beef and sprinkle the grated Cheddar over everything. Put back in the oven for 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling nicely.
Serving: 3ServingCalories: 889kcalCarbohydrates: 76gProtein: 41gFat: 49gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 702mgPotassium: 2305mgFiber: 16gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 32498ugVitamin C: 106mgCalcium: 349mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!