The high carbohydrate content of this meal makes it a great option for fueling up the day before a match or a race. The protein from the chicken also means it helps with muscle recovery post-exercise.
This recipe has over half the required daily fibre you need, making sure you will feel fuller for longer, while reducing constipation. The peppers are high in Vitamin A and C, supporting immune system functioning and vision.
Add as much or as little spice as you like. Remember, you can always add more, but you can’t take it away!!
- 1 Pan
- 1 Roasting tray
- 1 Knife
- 1 Peeler
- 2 Potatoes
- 80 g Pepper
- 60 g Onion
- 130 g Chicken (diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chips.
- Quickly fry the potatoes with a little garlic and the olive oil on the pan.
- Place onto a roasting tray and put them into the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Cook the chicken on a pan on medium heat.
- Chop the peppers and onions, then add them to the cooked chicken on the pan.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic and spices as they cook.
- Remove the chips from the oven and add the ingredients from the pan onto the roasting tray.
- Mix everything together and season again.
- Put the tray back into the oven for 7-8 minutes to ensure the chips are nice and crispy.
- Take the tray out of the oven, plate up and enjoy!