Harissa Chicken Burger
There are a few recipes that you should have up your sleave and this is most definatly one of them. It ticks all the boxes as being quick, tasty and nutritious.
For Rest Day
A great option for a post training, recovery meal.
This recipe is a great source of calcium, which helps us build and maintain strong bones.
Serve with a side salad on a rest day or some chips on an exercise day.
- Griddle pan or bbq
- 2 Chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Thyme (dried)
- 2 tsp Harissa
- 1 Lime (juice of 1 lime)
- 2 Burger bun
- 2 handful Lettuce leaves
- ¼ Red onion
- ¼ Tomatoe (2 slices)
- 50 g Cheddar cheese
- ¼ Cucumber (2 slcies)
- Place the chicken breasts in between pieces of cling film and whack them with a rolling pin to flatten. Mix together the thyme, garlic, olive oil, harissa spice and half the lime juice in a bowl. Add the chicken and leave to marinate for 20 mins.
- Heat up your BBQ or a griddle pan until hot and cook the chicken for 5 mins on each side or until cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Toast the burger baps for 1-2 mins.
- Place the chicken on the buns and top with tomato, red onion a handful of lettuce. Squeeze over the rest of the lime and serve.
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 571kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 52gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.6gMonounsaturated Fat: 14.1gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 515mgPotassium: 905mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3.4gVitamin A: 140ugVitamin C: 21.7mgCalcium: 608mgIron: 2.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!