Chicken Pie with Garlic Potatoes
This recipe is a great recovery meal as it contains a good hit of each macronutrient.
Consuming a balanced meal like this one, helps to keep you feeling satisfied and maintain energy levels for longer.
For a lower fat and calorie meal, you can use light cream and reduce the amount of butter.
- Casserole dish
- 3 Chicken breast (chopped)
- 6 Potatoes (sliced)
- 100 ml Cream (optional but some difference to the taste)
- 10 Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 handful Baby spinach
- 2 tsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g Cheddar cheese (grated, the amount is up to you)
- ½ tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 2 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- Par boil the sliced potatoes for 5 minutes, then strain, add chopped garlic, pepper, butter and olive oil and mix well on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook the garlic, onions and salt in a little olive oil and then add the chicken pieces and cook until they are almost done.
- Add the mushrooms, baby spinach and a little cream and mix well.
- Pour the chicken and vegetables into a casserole dish, add some more seasoning, grated cheese and oven bake at 190°C for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.