Vegetarian Burrito Bowl
This recipe would make a great recovery meal after intense exercise as is contains a good amount of each macronutrient
This recipe is a great source of fiber, which helps keep your gut healthy and lowers your risk of diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Serve the dish on a bed of pearl couscous cooked according to instructions then top with hummus, guacamole or tzatziki.
- 2 Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Red chilli (diced)
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 6 Mushrooms chopped
- 200 g Chickpeas
- 100 g Mixed vegetables (I used, Green Isle mixed vegetables)
- 1 Red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 100 g Couscous
- 50 g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground pepper
- 2 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin (seeds)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
Optional toppings: hummus, guacamole or tzatziki
- Par boil the potatoes for 7-8 minutes, don't let them get too soft.
- Place a pan on medium-high heat and add some olive oil.
- To the pan add onions, garlic and salt and stir.
- Now add the potatoes and the cumin seeds.
- Next add the chilli, bell pepper, mushrooms and mixed vegetables, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- The last vegetable to add is the chickpeas, add them in and mix again.
- Now add the honey and tomato puree and mix well, there should be a little bit of moisture on the pan with the vegetables but not too much! Make sure its all cooked through.
- Once ready, serve in a bowl and grate the cheese on top.