10 Minute Chow Mein
The high carbohydrate content of this recipe will help to top up your glycogen stores to support recovery after high intensity exercise.
Packed full of goodness, this recipe contains over 150% of your daily recommended intake (RI) of Vitamin C and over 100% of your RI for Vitamin A, K and B12.
This would be a great meal to throw together after an intense training session or to add to your carb loading meal plan! Due to the high fibre content from the vegetables, be careful not to consume too close to performance.
- Medium sized pot
- Large wok
- 150 g Rice noodles (dry weight)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (grated or thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 thumb-sized piece Ginger (grated)
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 handful Kale (chopped)
- 200 g Prawns
- 100 g Peas
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Heat the oil in a large wok.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes (or as per packet instructions).
- Add the pepper and carrot to the wok and cook on a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium, add the garlic, ginger, chilli, 5 spice, kale and prawns. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the peas, spinach, soy sauce and honey. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok. Mix well to combine the vegetables and noodles before serving!