4 Ingredient Bran Bark
This delightfully simple Bran Bark with just four ingredients is a nutritious yet rich treat. The crunch of the bran flakes and nuts with the softer cranberries ensures there is texture in every bite! This is a perfect treat with your cup of tea or coffee!
For Rest Day
The complex carbohydrates in Bran Flakes provide a sustainable source of energy, supporting endurance during exercise. The omega-3 fatty acids in walnuts contribute to anti-inflammatory effects, potentially reducing exercise-induced inflammation and muscle soreness.
Rich in dietary fibre, Bran Flakes support digestive health by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. Dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants that can help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. High in omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts support heart health by reducing inflammation and improving cholesterol levels.
These work great as an addition to some greek yoghurt and fruit, with the yoghurt boosting protein intake too!
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Tray
- 100 g Bran Flakes
- 50 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 g Cranberries
- 30 g Walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tsp Desiccated Coconut (optional)
- Add the dark chocolate to the bowl and melt in the microwave for ~3 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add the bran flakes, walnuts and cranberries to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are coated in chocolate.
- Spread the mix evenly across the tray and sprinkle the coconut flakes over the top.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and break into bar-sized chunks.
Serving: 24gCalories: 102kcalCarbohydrates: 12.5gProtein: 2.2gFat: 4.8gSaturated Fat: 1.8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.08gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.9gCholesterol: 0.2mgSodium: 28mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 2.4gSugar: 6.5gVitamin A: 0.13ugCalcium: 3.5mgIron: 1.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!