What’s New on daveynutrition This Week?
- We added three simple and delicious new recipes!
- We now have two brand new meal plans designed to help athletes recover optimally following matches or long-duration and high-intensity exercise.
- To complement our new recovery meal plans and to help our PRO members fully understand their recovery needs we have created a new article entitled ‘The 4 R’s of Recovery.’
Nutrition news from around the world:
Spicing-up your dinner may help to reduce inflammation in the body!
- Researchers in this study have found that adding 6g of spice to a meal which contains higher levels of saturated fat and carbohydrates helped to reduce inflammatory markers in the body several hours later.
- The researchers used a blend of basil, bay leaf, black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, ginger, oregano, parsley, red pepper, rosemary, thyme and turmeric in this particular study and more research will need to be carried out to determine if one or the blend of spices led to a reduction inflammation.
- Ginger and turmeric in particular have been studied before and research indicates that these two spices have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Check out our blog section for more information about recovery and managing post-exercise inflammation in the body. Our recipe page also has many delicious (and spicy!) recipes including the spices mentioned above.
This week on daveynutrition.com we had some fantastic new additions to the website.
On Sunday we added four delicious recipes – G&T Recovery Tea, Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie, Baked Potato with Red Pepper Hummus and Spinach and Ham Frittata. These recipes can be accessed for free and are nutrient-dense, simple to make and delicious!
On Thursday we added two exciting new plans to help fuel recovery for individuals involved in team sports. Whilst fueling up correctly for matches and high intensity / longer duration training sessions is key for performance, recovery is just as important. These plans contain easy-digestible carbohydrate-based meals with enough protein to ensure that you can replace the energy used during matches and repair the body optimally. Meal plans are available to PRO members of the daveynutrition website.
To help you to fully understand how to recover optimally we have created a detailed blog in our blog section outlining everything you need to know. Using the recovery meal plans in conjunction with the valuable information provided in this blog will ensure you are fit and ready for your next training session. Blogs are available to PRO members of the daveynutrition website. Sign up today to become part of the daveynutrition team!
Oh, E.S., Petersen, K.S., Kris-Etherton, P.M. and Rogers, C.J., 2020. Spices in a high-saturated-fat, high-carbohydrate meal reduce postprandial proinflammatory cytokine secretion in men with overweight or obesity: A 3-period, crossover, randomized controlled trial. The Journal of Nutrition, 150(6), pp.1600-1609.