Blueberry Banana Bread
How to make banana bread ? This recipe won't just give you any banana bread...it will give you a delicious, sweet, nutritious, high protein bread that is really easy to make and a great one to get the kids involved with.
For Exercise Day
A great pre-competition fuel-up option when combined with jam or honey.
Porridge oats are a great source of a type of fibre called Beta-glucans, which have been shown to help regulate our blood sugar levels and have cholesterol lowering effects.
Diet, exercise, lifestyle, smoking and alcohol consumption can all impact cholesterol in the body.
Learn more about dietary cholesterol and your health in our two part blog series:
Dietary cholesterol & your health
For further information visit the British Dietetics Association
Blend the oats into a flour before using to give a softer bread with a greater rise.
You could add a dollop of yoghurt on top like we do in the Peanut Butter Yogurt Toast recipe.
- Loaf tin 23 x 13cm
- Blender or food processor
- 250 g Rolled oats
- 30 g Mixed nuts
- 30 g Mixed seeds
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Banana
- 3 Free-range egg
- 15 tbsp Greek yoghurt (300g)
- 50 g Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 23 x 13cm loaf tin (or line with baking parchment).
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir the oats, nuts and seeds, baking powder and salt together.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the bananas and eggs until smooth.
- Add the wet mix to the oat mixture, add in the yoghurt and stir until just combined and all the oats are well coated. Gently fold in the blueberries with a spoon or spatula, then pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 70 to 80 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out almost dry.
- Place bread on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 216kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 10gFat: 9.4gSaturated Fat: 2.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.2gCholesterol: 3.3mgSodium: 226mgPotassium: 302mgFiber: 3.6gSugar: 5.6gVitamin A: 1.2ugVitamin C: 3.7mgCalcium: 73mgIron: 1.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!