Orange Split Jellies
Make your own jellies with this easy recipe. The orange and yoghurt together remind me of a Super Split ice-cream! A great treat between meals or around training sessions.
For Intensive Exercise
this recipe would be great on a day of intense exercise to replenish carbohydrate stores due to its high carbohydrate content.
Gelatine along with Vitamin C promotes collagen synthesis in recovery from tissue injury.
Consume 10-15 g of gelatine with 50 mg of vitamin C, 1 hour before physical activity for most effective use.
- Ice cube tray
- Kitchen paper
- 4 sheets Gelatine
- 135 g Orange jelly
- 1 tsp Honey
- 50 ml Dilute/ Squash (orange flavour)
- 100 ml Hot water
- 100 ml Cold water
- 100 ml Orange juice
- 6 tbsp 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
- Place the gelatine sheets in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Break up the cubes of jelly and place them in a pot.
- Pour the hot water over the cubes of jelly. Add in the honey and mix well until the cubes are almost fully dissolved.
- Remove the gelatine sheets from the water and pat dry using kitchen paper.
- Pour the cold water into the pot and place the gelatine sheets in too.
- Put the pot on a low-medium heat on the hob, add the orange juice and stir well until the sheets are fully dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, and separate the liquid into 2 jugs. Put ⅓ of the mix in one jug and ⅔ of the mix in another.
- Pour the miwadi into the jug with ⅔ of the mix and stir well.
- Then pour this liquid into the ice-cube tray, filling only ⅔ of the way.
- Leave these to set for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- After 25 minutes, mix the yoghurt into the other jug with ⅓ of the gelatine liquid.
- Stir well until fully combined and there are no lumps.
- Remove the tray from the fridge and fill it up with the yoghurt mixture.
- Leave to set for 3+ hours in the fridge or for best results, overnight.
- Remove the jellies carefully from the tray and enjoy!
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 177kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 15gSodium: 125mgPotassium: 41mgSugar: 35gVitamin A: 0.75ugVitamin C: 7.5mgCalcium: 63mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!