Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
This recipe is a good source of carbohydrates, protein and fat. It would be a great option to have after exercise to replenish glycogen stores, support growth and repair of muscle tissue and the fat content will help to keep you feeling full and satisfied from this meal.
This recipe contains food sources of Vitamin C and zinc. These two nutrients play an important role in supporting our immune system through these colder months. Learn more on about how your nutrition can support your defence from colds and flu this winter.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container and consume within 2-3 days.
- Baking tray
- Large pan
- Large Pot
- Food processor
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 700 g Pumpkin (peeled and diced)
- 2 Red onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 150 g Light cream cheese
- 60 g Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 250 g Mushrooms (chopped)
- 10 Bacon medallions (chopped)
- 300 g Pasta
- 2 cup Spinach
- Preheat the oven until 180℃.
- Place the pumpkin on a tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven when tender and slightly browned on the edges.
- Heat a tbsp oil on a large pan.
- Add the onions and fry on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, herbs and spices and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Set the onions aside and add the mushrooms to the pan with some oil.
- Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft, before adding the chopped bacon medallions. Cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes or as per packet instructions. Drain when cooked and set aside.
- When the pumpkin is cooked and slightly cooled, add it to the food processor with the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, tomato purree and half of the onions. Blitz until smooth.
- Mix the pasta and the rest of the onions onto the pan with the mushrooms and medallions. Stir in the pumpkin sauce and spinach and place over a medium heat until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve up!