Chicken Goats Cheese Melt
This delicious chicken dish can be served with rice or potatoes. My mother Eileen makes this often on a Sunday and serves it up to us with mashed or garlic potatoes which just makes for one of the most delicious meals.
For Rest Day
This recipe is a good source protein and fat, great for days when you are less physically active and carbohydrate requirements are lower.
This recipe is a great source of vitamin E and Zinc. Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin that plays a role in protecting cells in the body from oxidative damage as well as normal functioning of the immune system. Zinc is an essential nutrient that also plays an important role in supporting a healthy immune system which is important over these winter months.
Serve with potatoes to increase the carbohydrate content during training days.
- Non-stick pan
- Small bowl
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- 4 Chicken breast
- 200 g Goats cheese
- 4 slices Pancetta (or smoked bacon)
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Red onion (sliced into rings)
- 8 Sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- 10 Mushrooms (chopped)
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Marinate the chicken in the olive oil, one clove of garlic, lemon juice and pepper for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the other clove of garlic, goats’ cheese, coriander and sundried tomatoes in a small bowl.
- Slice a pocket or envelope into each chicken breast.
- Spread a tablespoon of the goats cheese mix in the middle of the chicken then wrap the breast with a slice of pancetta. (You can use a toothpick to hold it together if you have some).
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over each stuffed chicken breast.
- Heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan before adding the minced garlic and mushrooms.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the stuffed chicken breasts on it. Transfer the mushrooms and garlic from the pan and spread them over the chicken, place the red onions and a tablespoon of olive oil on top too.
- Cover the tray with tin foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 478kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 44gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 650mgPotassium: 829mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 175ugVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 81mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!