Quinoa Salmon Salad
This recipe is a low-carbohydrate meal with a good source of healthy fats and protein, making it perfect for a rest day.
This recipe provides a healthy source of vitamins D, E and K, as well as providing all of your daily required amount of omega-3.
A great meal prep option to keep in your fridge for a quick meal.
- 50 g Quinoa
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Salmon fillets (preferably wild or organic)
- 75 g Baby spinach
- 1⁄2 Cucumber
- 1 Avocado (flesh chopped)
- 1 Red bell pepper (deseeded and diced)
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds (toasted in a dry pan)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- ¼ Lemon (1 tbsp Lemon juice)
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water. Put into a saucepan and add double the amount of water (about 200ml).
- Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Add the salmon fillets to the hot pan, flesh side down. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes. Once cooked, flake the salmon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, spinach, cucumber, avocado and red pepper.
- Arrange the flaked salmon over the top of the salad and sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and the lemon juice.