Spicy Green Coconut Curry
This curry makes for a brilliant, filling evening meal. The spice provided by the chillies combines really well with the sweetness of the coconut milk to create a mild-tasting curry sauce for those averse to too much spice.
For Rest Day
A high-protein, low-carbohydrate meal perfect for a rest day.
This recipe is high in vitamin A, a water soluble vitamin which has antioxidant properties. it plays a role in immunity support and recovery from both injury and illness.
For a meat-free alternative, replace chicken with tofu.
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1 Red chilli (deseeded and diced (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
- 2 Chicken breasts (evenly sliced)
- 2 Carrot (finely chopped)
- 50 g Broccoli (chopped)
- 80 g Green beans (diced)
- ½ tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 400 g Coconut milk (1 tin)
- 20 g Cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok over a medium heat and add the garlic and chilli.
- After a minute of gentle sautéing, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until light gold, stirring regularly.
- Add the carrots, broccoli and beans before stirring in the fish and soy sauce followed by the coconut milk.
- Allow to simmer for few minutes, then mix through the cashew nuts and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with white or brown rice.
Serving: 1ServingCalories: 573kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 37gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 32.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.9gMonounsaturated Fat: 5.5gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1016mgPotassium: 1144mgFiber: 5.5gSugar: 8.9gVitamin A: 1153ugVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 75mgIron: 3.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!