This recipe would be suitable for an exercise day as it contains a good source of all three macronutrients.
The main ingredient in dark chocolate is called cocoa, which is an excellent source of flavanols and procyanidins (also known as epicatechin and catechin) which are major classes of antioxidants.
Use vanilla flavoured Greek yoghurt for added sweetness
- 125 ml Almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 70 g Dark chocolate (choose cacao percentage based on taste preference)
- 280 g Greek yoghurt (or alternative if sensitive to dairy)
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
(optional, juice of 1 small orange)
- Carefully heat the milk in the microwave. Stir in the chocolate and mix until fully melted.
- Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, orange juice and salt and mix well.
- Let the chocolate cool for about 15 minutes before adding in the yoghurt.
- Add in the yoghurt and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture equally into 3 containers.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- For added flavour, grate in some orange zest and add to the mix in step 2.